Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just 3 more days!

Things continue to go well here, as I'm down to just 3 days until Chad's return... YAY!!!!! God has just blessed me with some wonderful people who are helping me out. Saturday night the three girls who have been taking turns sleeping here, went with the girls and I to the mall. My poor girls were cooped up at home all week long, so they really needed to get out! Below are a few pictures of us at the restaurant we ate at. With 4 of us adults, there was one for each child - that worked out really nice. The girls did good and Elysia slept the entire time - never even knew she left home.


Callie has been having some nose-related breathing problems. Right before Chad left, the girls all got colds. Callie also started having a stuffy nose. At first, I thought it was just the same cold the girls had. But her nose never ran (in fact, I rarely saw any mucus at all) and she wasn't coughing. I talked to the pediatrician over the phone, and she told me to use a nasal spray and see if it helped. So I did that, but it just kept getting worse, while the rest of the girls' colds got better. So on Monday I took her to the pediatrician, and she thinks it is allergy-related. She gave me anti-allergy nasal drops and I also had to buy a machine called a nebulizer to give her medication that is inhaled. It has a mask that I put up to her face and the medication comes out in a vapor and she inhales it. She takes it twice a day. It does seem to be getting better. There is just sooooo much dust here, and it is sooooo hot, so MANY people deal with allergies. Chad even deals with them here, and he never did in the states. So I'm confident that when we move to the states she won't have any more problems. Here are a few more pictures - I tried laying her on her belly to see if it would help her breathe better. And the last picture is of her taking her medication (it was cute the way she had her hand on the mask)... and I was by myself, so I had to take the picture myself - that's why the angle isn't the best.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Linda so faltou nascer falando por que já sabe segurar ate o aparelho do remedio...
espero que todos estejam bem...
Saudades de vcs!
bjs!