Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Flu, yuck!

Chad got home safe and sound on Saturday, and it is so wonderful to have him back!! As a welcome home gift, Larissa got the stomach flu and had us up a good part of the night Saturday night changing bed sheets and running to the bathroom. Not pleasant!!! Sunday throughout the day was more of the same. Then on Monday afternoon, Giselle and Elysia both came down with it although theirs was not as severe as Larissa's was. As of now (Tuesday night) they are all in bed and seem to be over the flu.

Callie is sleeping quite well. For the last 3 nights now, she has her last feeding at 10:30pm and sleeps until 4am, eats and sleeps until 7:30am. And she's a really fast eater, so I'm usually just up for 15 min. to nurse her and get her back to bed. So compared to the first 5 weeks, it feels like I'm sleeping through the night :) I know that actually sleeping through the night is just but a few weeks away! YAY!! But I can't complain, God has blessed us so much with good babies. I think He knew that it HAD to be that way or I would completely go insane! I always recuperate really fast from my c-sections (all 3 of them) too, and I completely give the credit to Him also. I feel like it's a gift He gave me... since we don't have family around to help us out, He just heals me quickly so I can get back to taking care of my family again. Living away from family and familiarity these past 7 years has really made us rely on God in a way we never had to before. We have truly been amazed time and time again in how He has provided for us and taken care of us. I even had to think of Larissa getting sick - thank the Lord it happened once Chad was here to help me out! I can just see His hand at work daily. Giving Callie her medication for her stuffy nose - it is much better!
I took the girls over to the neighbor's house Sat. morning before Chad got home, and they played in her little pool. They had so much fun. The above picture is Giselle under the water.



Larissa playing with the neighbor-girl's makeup. She LOVES putting lipstick on. She is our little 'Miss Priss' - loves dressing up, pink is her favorite color, etc. Giselle, on the other hand, could care less about dressing up, blue is her favorite color, etc. It's so much fun watching their personalities form.

Callie - the little 'chubster'
Elysia 'reading' to Callie
I've talked about the heat before... this is our 'windtunnel'. Every night we have 4 fans running in the girls' room - one on each bed. It has been so hot that we have to give the girls showers before their afternoon nap, or they can't sleep. It's been hard on Chad adapting to the heat again after being in the states. Last night he didn't sleep until 1am, and he had even gotten up at midnight and showered to see if that would help him cool off and fall asleep. By the way - doesn't the girls' room look like an orphanage with all the cribs and beds in one room?!?!
Little miss smiley. We're getting more and more of those smiles every day, and often accompanied by a coo.
I think it's a gift for Chad to be able to read with a little girl standing on him like this! He's reading a book called "The Shack" by Wm. Paul Young, and says it is absolutely amazing. I hope to find time to read it next.

No comments: