Sunday, November 16, 2008

Here we go again...

I am once again on my own, without my 'better half', for 10 days. This time he is headed to Peru... sure wish I could go along. I'm sure one day when our children are a little more grown up, I will be able to travel more with Chad. He left this afternoon for Fortaleza and will be there until midnight Tuesday night. That's when he flies out for Peru. He'll be there for almost a week. He gets back home on Wednesday afternoon, the 26th. And the following Tuesday we move!!! It is so crazy. There are days when it feels like time is going really fast, but at the same time there are days when I think to myself 'can't we just go already?!'. The grace that God has granted us is starting to lift and we are ready to move on. We are super excited for what lies ahead for us in PA. We are really excited to watch the girls' reactions to all of the new stuff - especially the cold weather! They have absolutely no idea what 'cold' is. The coldest it gets here is probably in the mid to upper 70's. Patience is something that runs thin when living in extreme heat like this. In fact, friends of ours were telling us that there are more murders in the city during this time of the year because people just flip out over every little thing. I even notice it with my patience with the girls, and have to watch myself. There are days where I am just miserable because of the heat and there's NOTHING you can do about it! Something Chad started doing recently to be able to fall asleep at night, is that he takes a hand towel, makes it wet and lays it on his chest as he lays in bed with a fan right by his side blowing over him. It is going to be quite the temperature shock for us, leaving the hottest time of year here and arriving there at the coldest time of year. Here are some more pictures...
Callie, Giselle, Larissa & Elysia
The two buddies
9 weeks old already!

Chad's 31st birthday!

Chad with his Spanish teacher, Marta, from Peru.

the girls figured out a new way to 'ride' their tricycles

these next few pictures were taken at the neighbor's house where they were playing with a skateboard. These neighbors have been such a blessing to us - the girls love it there and they help us out with the girls so much.





No comments: