Saturday, November 22, 2008

11 days...

Chad is in Peru and will be getting back on Wednesday afternoon. Once again, the girls decided to get colds while he's gone. Thank the Lord, I haven't felt anything. Yesterday our parents had snow and they sent us pictures of it. It is soooo beautiful and we are so excited to see snow and feel the cold again after 3 years of straight heat. When I showed the pictures to the girls and told them that the snow is at Grandma's house, they started squealing with excitement. They are so excited to go. They constantly ask about Molly (our dog) too, who went up with Chad in October. It will be fun watching their reunion with her. We are down to just 11 days here in Juazeiro, and we have pretty much everything sold. All we have to sell yet is our highchair, toddler bed and a filing cabinet. You can be praying for a buyer for our car though. We were planning on taking it to a dealership, just so we would have less headaches and would be able to use it up until the end. But Chad went to a big dealership here and they told him they aren't buying cars right now because they just went 20 days without selling a single car. He said that because of this financial crisis, people aren't buying cars. So there is a guy at our church that is helping us to try and sell it. Pray that God sends the right person with the cash to pay for it.

As the girls' language is developing, they are saying some really cute things. Yesterday Giselle was singing a song that at one part goes "My Jesus is alive". When I listened closely to her singing, I realized that she was singing, "My Jesus is my life" and she kept singing that line over and over. I thought that was such a good line, so I let it go and didn't even correct her :) The other day when Larissa was putting her sticker on the countdown calendar, she was trying to take off the backing of the sticker with no success. She looked up at me and said, "Mom, can you take this skin off for me?"

Elysia loves playing with baby dolls and likes to wrap them up in a burp towel, sway back and forth holding them up to her shoulder and singing to them. The girls also like to pretend that they're breastfeeding their baby dolls - haha.
The Countdown Calendar!!


Elysia taking care of her baby.
I found Elysia sitting like this watching TV.

No comments: